06 November 2009

Julie and Julia: Movie Review (10 Oct 2009)



For lovers of food

I thought Meryl Streep was fantastic in this movie playing Julia Child. Such a funny movie and after watching it I really wanted to learn how to make Beef Bourguignon which I'm sure so many other people around the world have been inspired to do. I've yet to find the time to attempt cooking it but here's a few food bloggers I've noticed that have enjoyed the dish if your looking for recipes, photos and instructions: The Food Addicts, Gourmet Chick, A Table For Two and The Princess and The Recipe. For anyone that loves food or is looking for a feel good movie check it out.



7 comments:

Mr Taste said...

I would have enjoyed a "Julia and only Julia" movie twice as much :P

Jacq said...

I loved this movie as well! And I agree - Meryl Streep was an amazing Julia Child

Gummi Baby said...

Thank goodness we ate lunch before we went to see this movie! If we hadn't, I think we would have been chewing on the seats all the way through it! :D

YaYa said...

I had to make the bruscetta after seeing Julie fry up the bread early in the movie. I raced all over town trying to find yellow tomatoes to replicate that gorgeous tomato salad!

Simon Leong said...

hi mr taste, i hear you hehe :-)

hi jacq, and Stanley Tucci was great too i thought. i remember them both in The Devil Wears Prada. They seem to work well together in movies

hi gummi baby, i was fully stocked on candy and chips but i still wanted to try the food they were cooking, after photographing it of course.

hi yaya, oh yeah, it looked and sounded so good. i forgot about that dish too. i want to make both of them now :-)

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I've yet to see this. IMHO Sony Pictures really missed a really cool chance to promote this with food bloggers! I made a Beef Bourgignon (I don't usually link to my site through comments but I don't think you would mind :) ) http://www.notquitenigella.com/2009/07/21/beef-bourguignon-with-creamed-semolina/

Simon Leong said...

hi lorraine, i remember seeing this blog of yours. well done. food bloggers would have gone crazy with some preview tickets. hopefully next time :-)

Simon Food Favourites Map

View Simon Food Favourites in a larger map Key: BLUE - Location visit and review PINK - Simon Favourites and places offering something special

Small Bars in Sydney map


View Small Bars in Sydney in a larger map