10 May 2010

QCC Catering Equipment: I love kitchen supply shops, Darlinghurst (7 May 2010)

53 William Street, Sydney NSW 2000
http://www.qcc.net.au


Catering for kitchen lovers

If there's one place I love more than stationery shops, it's kitchen supply shops and QCC sure has plenty to offer the kitchen professionals and public all under the one roof. I was looking for something that would slice up the large pancetta I received from San José Smallgoods and for some strange reason I really thought the Victorinox Vegetable Peeler ($5.50) would do the trick — but it failed miserably — my fault. I ended up using a sharp knife to thinly slice it but at least I now have one of these vegetable peelers which I'm sure will come in handy.

SNAPSHOT REVIEW:
PROS: Huge range of cooking equipment & kitchenware, Close to city
CONS: Limited parking
MUST TRY: Finding other kitchen supply stores to compare prices




View Larger Map

5 comments:

Phuoc'n Delicious said...

Oh no! Now you've given me more reason to spend my money on kitchenware. I love it too (my bf thinks I'm weird because I love shopping for kitchenware rather than the usual girly things eg bags, shoes etc)

Thanks!

tangerine eats said...

Hells yes, I've spent all weekend drooling over irregular shaped plates and bowls :)
Will hit up this place next weekend - you've just fed my addiction!

Simon Leong said...

hi phuoc, it's all for a good cause ;-) i love how the invent something for just about everything although real professionals seem to just need a good knife and little else in the kitchen.

hi tangerine, it's a lot easier to get around than victoria's basement which i find very chaotic and streesful

kitchenguy said...

....and if you're anything like me the stuff you buy sits in a drawer gathering dust and you can't bring yourself to throw it out! :)

Simon Leong said...

hi kitchen, i try not to buy too many things. actually i just used my vegetable peeler for the potatoes tonight which worked well. i've got a very limited kitchen space so really can't get too many things, especially those big food processing thingies :-)

Simon Food Favourites Map

View Simon Food Favourites in a larger map Key: BLUE - Location visit and review PINK - Simon Favourites and places offering something special

Small Bars in Sydney map


View Small Bars in Sydney in a larger map