11 August 2012

Launch: Zeta Bar presents Coney Island, Hilton Sydney (9 Aug 2012)

Level 4, 488 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000

Fun-filled friday frivolities

“It will be an evening of the unexpected, perfectly paradoxical and the weird and wonderful with extravagant entertainment and a creative mix of classic cocktails with progressive and fun elements”

Thanks to Florencia Aimo from Hilton Sydney for inviting me to the launch of Zeta Bar presents Coney Island. I only managed to catch a glimpse of the festivities and cocktails that were on offer due to attending another event earlier but from what I could tell everyone that was left had a very fun-filled night of entertainment and interesting cocktails. Service staff were dressed up in themed costumes and I heard the acts were pretty amazing to watch which sound a bit along the lines of Extreme Cabaret. A Tarot Card Reader and Cartoonist were available for free and I spotted quite a few very large stuffed toys being carried around as trophies from circus fete games they were won in. Out of the cocktails I tried the Coney Cotton Candy Cosmo ($18) was my preferred drop that was easy to drink with familiar flavours although the Cider-spiked Toffee Apple was pretty good too.

PROS: Free entry and entertainment, Fun atmosphere and decor, Cocktails served in a creative way
CONS: I didn't get a chance to get my cartoon caricature done
MUST TRY: Returning to check out the entertainment, cocktails and American-style snacks
Zeta Coney Island Iced Tea ($18)

Coney Cotton Candy Cosmo ($18)

Cider-spiked Toffee Apple ($18)


Denéa clowning around

These are not my legs — I promise!

Denéa and her caricature by Graeme Biddle

View Larger Map


Denea said...

Love it! Great night and my caricature is so fantastic. Lovely to hang out with you again Mr Food Favourites - catch you soon

Simon Leong said...

hi denéa, i wished i had time to get my caricature as well. maybe next time :-)

Simon Food Favourites Map

View Simon Food Favourites in a larger map Key: BLUE - Location visit and review PINK - Simon Favourites and places offering something special

Small Bars in Sydney map

View Small Bars in Sydney in a larger map