20 March 2018

Matinee Coffee, Marrickville (17 March 2018)

23-29 Addison Rd, Marrickville NSW 2204
https://www.matineecoffee.com/
https://www.instagram.com/matineecoffee/


Marrickville's new retro diner

Where else in Sydney can you get a Chocolate Hemp Brownie aka Space Cake — legally? Charles Cameron, formerly of Brewtown Newtown has done a fine job with creating this contemporary looking version of a retro diner in Marrickville. Love the fitout, high ceiling and plenty of natural light matched with some down-to-earth friendly service. Arriving just after 3 meant the kitchen had already closed so I'll definitely have to return to try the menu.

From the display of housemade goodies the generous slice of Dark Chocolate Cherry Vegan Cake ($7) was very yummy and managed to satisfy both my brother and I for an afternoon tea fix. If I wasn't told it was vegan I would have never of guessed it. Cappuccino ($4) was nice using a custom house blend by Collective Roasting Solutions which was supposed to reference the flavours of a Neapolitan ice-cream. This probably would have come down to suggestive thinking for my untuned palate. The Chai Masala will definitely be on my wishlist for next time as I'm always on the lookout for a good one in Sydney and that French Toast with chocolate hazelnut brioche and orange buttermilk ricotta is calling my name to enjoy its calories. 



Matinee Coffee Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Simon Food Favourites Map

View Simon Food Favourites in a larger map Key: BLUE - Location visit and review PINK - Simon Favourites and places offering something special

Small Bars in Sydney map


View Small Bars in Sydney in a larger map