16 March 2018

Medan Ciak, CBD Sydney (14 March 2017)

130 Liverpool St, Sydney NSW 2000
https://www.facebook.com/medanciak
https://www.instagram.com/medanciak/


Indonesian cuisine

Second location for Medan Ciak that opened this week. Tried the Lontong Sayur - rice cakes served with beef rendang, fried chicken vegetable curry, boiled egg, chilli chips, peanut and anchovies ($13). I'm no expert for authentic Indonesian food so it's hard to judge this one but I did enjoy the flavour of the sauce which looks more chilli angry than it was so thankfully could handle the mild heat. Those crispy chilli chips on top were my favourite part which you can buy separately as a side dish that's topped with a tasty sweet chilli sauce. The fried chicken was pretty tasty. I've never had indonesian rice cake before. This tasted sort of like a compressed potato. I didn't mind it but I probably wouldn't order again based on this ingredient. Not quite what I'd prefer. Also the hard boiled egg had a metallic taste but thankfully the tasty laksa sauce disguised this in the end. The beef rendang wasn't as tender and pull apart as hoped and was hard to separate with the spoon and fork so ended up having to just chew it off the fork. I think next time I'd be keen to try the Nasi Goreng Kampoeng or Nasi Goreng Medan Ciak which look pretty good on the picture menu.



Medan Ciak Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Simon Food Favourites Map

View Simon Food Favourites in a larger map Key: BLUE - Location visit and review PINK - Simon Favourites and places offering something special

Small Bars in Sydney map


View Small Bars in Sydney in a larger map