02 September 2014

Heston for Coles: Chicken, Leek & Mushroom Pie (29 Aug 2014)



Heston for Home

Lazy dinner of Heston for Coles Chicken, Leek & Mushroom Pie ($13, 2 pieces) is a tasty success combined with some oven baked sweet potato and peas. Cooked in the oven for about 30 minutes was too easy. Pastry was quite nice and the parmesan cheese crusty on top was a winner. I thought I'd need some sauce but the filling was pretty saucy more than meaty. I enjoyed the flavours and would happily have again. Makes me want to try more of the range now.

SNAPSHOT REVIEW:
PROS: Tasty, Easy to cook, RSPCA Approved Chicken Meat, Seems fairly low in sugar, No artificial colours and flavours
CONS: Daily intake of saturated fat is 104% per serving which sounds like it might be high?
MUST TRY: Other products in the Heston for Coles range
VERDICT: Easy to cook and quite yummy makes for a simple and tasty meal
Heston for Coles, Chicken, Leek & Mushroom Pie ($13, 2 pieces) 








2 comments:

Snoskred said...

Yeah, I can't be certain but I would say 104% of anything is pretty high. :)

But now I'll have to try it because that looks super tasty. Plus, I am all about high fat and low sugar and the sugar seems decently low.

Still here, still reading you loud and clear via my feed reader. :)

Amanda @ Gourmanda said...

I'm being incredibly boring on a diet right now, and I don't think I could justify fitting this into my diet! Once I'm off it though...watch out!

Simon Food Favourites Map

View Simon Food Favourites in a larger map Key: BLUE - Location visit and review PINK - Simon Favourites and places offering something special

Small Bars in Sydney map


View Small Bars in Sydney in a larger map