28 June 2011

Cinnamon Donut & Strawberry Croquembouche (28 June 2011)


Cheap, easy and fun

A work colleagues birthday inspires me to create a birthday cake. I knew he loved Krispy Kreme donuts but discovered their Wynyard shop had closed and the Central Station shop was unfortunately too far to get to during my lunch time. A trip to the CBD Town Hall Woolworths scores me cinnamon donuts on special ($2.48, 12 pack) and strawberries ($3.98, 250g punnet). For my 39th birthday I did something similar using mini iced donut which tends to work better. Of course it's not as good as a real French croquembouche which you'd find at Patisse.

Cinnamon donut & strawberry croquembouche ($8.94) — feeds 24 people for afternoon tea. Plate and birthday card not included.

Donuts for the sugar hit and strawberries as the gluten-free option


Time to eat

3 comments:

Martyna@WholesomeCook said...

Gotta love a cinnamon donut birthday "cake"! If I may, I will confess I bought a cup of mini ones when at Woolies the other day and ate them all while shopping... bad bad me!
Mr Chipconnoisseur is a big hot cinnamon donut lover and we've noticed the same lack of the hot variety around Wynyard... Opportunity to open shop, maybe?

L said...

Well, now I'm craving cinnamon donuts. XDD Looks so so good!

Gary McCourt said...

This is such a great idea.. that's what I call quick thinking.. makes me wants donuts, I will be making some this weekend!

Simon Food Favourites Map

View Simon Food Favourites in a larger map Key: BLUE - Location visit and review PINK - Simon Favourites and places offering something special

Small Bars in Sydney map


View Small Bars in Sydney in a larger map