18 March 2010

The Light Brigade: Pub Bistro, Woollahra (11 Mar 2010)

2A Oxford Street, Woollahra NSW 2025


Decent bar menu

I must admit my first visit to Taste of Sydney was so unsuccessful in trying any of the food that I ventured off to The Light Brigade for dinner that night. I wish I had known about all the free samplings which I discovered on my second visit but in any case it was good to try this pub bistro. Both the Salad of Chicken ($16) and the Brigade Fillet Steak Sandwich ($17) were fresh and tasty. Shoestring Fries ($8) hit the spot for crispy goodness. Plenty of seating around and a nice spot for a casual drink.

SNAPSHOT REVIEW:
PROS: Affordable bar menu, Cosy
CONS: Upstairs bistro has received mixed reviews on Eatability
MUST TRY: Remembering as an option when in the area

Salad of Chicken, Tomato, Haloumi, Spanish Onion and Kalamata Olives $16

Brigade Fillet Steak Sandwich and Shoestring Fries $17




View Larger Map
The Light Brigade Bistro on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

john@heneedsfood said...

You gotta love a bit of pub grub

Simon Leong said...

hi john, especially when they do a good job at it. i think you get the Award for being one of the most consistent commenters on my blog hehe :-)

Simon Food Favourites Map

View Simon Food Favourites in a larger map Key: BLUE - Location visit and review PINK - Simon Favourites and places offering something special

Small Bars in Sydney map


View Small Bars in Sydney in a larger map