20 March 2009

Little Vienna: Sandwiches, Sydney (12 Jan 2009)

20 Hunter St Wynyard; 9 Barrack St Wynyard; 122 Pitt St (Into Rowe St), Sydney; 83 Mount St, North Sydney
http://www.littlevienna.com.au

Fresh and tasty sandwiches

I've been sampling a few of the foil wrapped Little Vienna sandwiches of late at Pitt St and Hunter St shops and they always seem to be consistently fresh and tasty and the Vienna style versions so filling. I hope to eventually try all the sandwiches on the menu.

Other big sandwich shops:
Big Bite on Pitt - Pitt Street, 6 Oct 2009
Olive Italian Food Bar - Strand Arcade, 14 July 2009
North's Complete Sandwich - Bridge Street, 14 Jan 2009
Little Vienna - MLC Centre Pitt Street, 12 Jan 2009


Chicken Breast Schnitzel: Lemon chive mayo, roma tomato, fresh rockets and crispy lettuce (Vienna hard crust) $8.40 [added to blog 20 March 2009]


Freshest Vienna Salad: Olive oil, lemon chive mayo, roma tomatoes, sweet capsicum, mushrooms, cucumber, beetroot, snow pea sprouts, fresh rockets and crispy lettuce (Vienna hard crust) $7.95 [added to blog 20 Jan 2009]


Mojo Beef: Beef rissoles, fried onion, tomato, jalapeno, lettuce, mayo (Vienna hard crust) $8.95 [added to blog 13 Jan 2009]

Mozart Chicken: Poached chicken breast, avocado, swiss cheese, roma tomatoes, rockets, lettucs and mayo (Vienna brown bread) $8.95


Sexy Tuna: Tuna, avocado, olives, roma tomatoes, rockets, crispy lettuce, lemon chive mayo (Vienna brown bread) $8.95 [added to blog 20 Jan 2009]


View Larger Map
Little Vienna on Urbanspoon

7 comments:

flapflap said...

Those sandwiches are enormous! I usually eat half on the first day and then have the other half later. It keeps ok in the fridge :) Have you tried the other giant sandwich place close by? It's in the little laneway next to the Establishment, marked by a small yellow sign. It's next on my hit list :)

Simon Leong said...

Hi flalflap, I haven't tried the small yellow sign shop but will try and find it. The only other one I know of is Norths on corner of Bridge and George St down the steps which make even bigger sandwiches wrapped in foil.

Howard said...

These are great, I use to buy them at the Nth Syd store when I worked there. These days, I goto the one on Pitt St next to Hungry Jacks!

Two fit and fun gals said...

i LOVE LOVE LOVE sexy tuna - i get my bf to buy this (he works in north syd) and he brings it back for me part soggy/part squashed haha but its still soooooooooo good (i can eat a whole one yummy)

Unknown said...

I love those sammiches. I used to work above the one on Mount St in North Sydney and I have to say they saved my life. Aside from To's and Malacca Straights, there is NOTHING in North Sydney!!

aptronym said...

I've only ever tried the rissole one. Which would you recommend?

Simon Leong said...

Hi aptronym, all seem good but I'm quite partial to the Mozart Chicken.

Simon Food Favourites Map

View Simon Food Favourites in a larger map Key: BLUE - Location visit and review PINK - Simon Favourites and places offering something special

Small Bars in Sydney map


View Small Bars in Sydney in a larger map