25 October 2009

Big Bite on Pitt: Sandwiches, Sydney (6 Oct 2009)

Lobby, Shop 3, 250 Pitt Street, Sydney NSW 2000


So big I couldn't finish it

This very popular sandwich shop was mentioned on page 23 of The Sydney Magazine Special Food Issue Oct 2009 by a reader as one of their favourite take away lunch spots. I tried their favourite Chicken Schnitzel sandwich which was huge and I really couldn't finish it all — I could have easily shared it between 2 and still had a fulfilling lunch. Even though the queue when ordering was quite long the service was quick enough to get me served within 10-15 minutes. It reminded me of North's Complete Sandwich with the fresh lettuce piled high in the display and lots of ladies behind the counter making all the orders. Most big sandwich shops wrap their sandwiches in foil which seems to be a signature look.

Other big sandwich shops:
Big Bite on Pitt - Pitt Street, 6 Oct 2009
Olive Italian Food Bar - Strand Arcade, 14 July 2009
North's Complete Sandwich - Bridge Street, 14 Jan 2009
Little Vienna - MLC Centre Pitt Street, 12 Jan 2009



Chicken Schnitzel with basil oil, lemon and chive mayonnaise, roma tomatoes, mixed lettuce, rocket, snow pea sprouts $8.50

Menu

Plenty of lettuce ready for sandwiches


Front of shop

Street entrance to arcade


View Larger Map
Big Bite on Pitt on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Amatuer!!!! LOL!!!
;)

Jacq said...

What a giant sandwich! I've been meaning to go here for a while but I'm waiting for someone to come with me because I know I won't be able to finish it by myself =P

Simon Leong said...

hi brenda, hehe, ok i challenge you to order the chicken schniztel on brown and try and finish it in one go now ;-)

hi jacq, it's great value if you share one with someone. i reckon even 3 people who aren't too hungry would find it filling enough.

Anonymous said...

so big i couldn't finish it

that's what she said

Simon Food Favourites Map

View Simon Food Favourites in a larger map Key: BLUE - Location visit and review PINK - Simon Favourites and places offering something special

Small Bars in Sydney map


View Small Bars in Sydney in a larger map