20 May 2010

Sweet Infinity: Rump Steak Pie, Strand Arcade, Sydney (19 May 2010)

Shop 18, Strand Arcade
193-195 Pitt Street Mall, Sydney NSW 2000


Meaty Meat Pie

If you're looking for a pie that has decent chunks of real meat in a thinnish yet tasty pastry casing then this one might be for you. Not listed on the TimeOut Sydney's very short listing of Sydney's Best Cheap Pies but perhaps they didn't know about it or it's maybe a bit on the pricey side to be considered? I was actually after the Duck Pie which they seldom seem to make and it's eluded me once again on my visit. I probably like my meaty chunks in pies a bit finer so it's a bit easier to eat and a touch more gravy filling with some tasty herb action going wouldn't go astray to add some extra taste but I can tell they haven't skimped on the meat.

Other visits to Sweet Infinity:
19 May 2010 - Rump Steak Pie
7 May 2010 - Fruit Tart, Lemon Meringue, Brownie

SNAPSHOT REVIEW:
PROS: Big chunks of meat, Quite filling, No extra charge for tomato sauce
CONS: Maybe a bit too meaty and could possibly do with some extra herbs for taste, A little on the pricey side, No immediate seating available
MUST TRY: Searching for the elusive duck pie or trying their sausage roll next time

Rump steak pie $6.50 (including tomato sauce)

10 comments:

Angel Chris said...

The food images are really mouth watery ones.. Great pics..
Sydney Harbour Weddings Charter

john@heneedsfood said...

Now that's a good looking pie! I'll have to keep an eye out for that duck pie, it sounds delish!

Anonymous said...

Love their brownies but never tried their pies! Looks good :)

Adrian @ Food Rehab said...

Great take on the traditional pie here. Although yes, I do perfer the more finer meat varieties - love my gravy.

linda said...

Ooh I love flakey pie pastries. I can see what you mean by the meat being too chunky, it seems a little dry.

Simon Leong said...

hi angel, thanks.

hi john, they don't seem to make the duck pie very often but apparently it's supposed to be really yummy.

hi ellie, i'll probably try their sausage rolls next.

hi adrian, i have found childhood memories of the Four n Twenty pies at school so i'm used to lots of gravy sauce.

hi linda, it wasn't too dry which was good but definitely a lot of meat you could sink your teeth in :-)

Tina said...

Yes - just saw this the other day - can't wait to try them out. Some of the cakes look very tempting...

Simon Leong said...

hi tina, let me know what cakes you try if you get any. i'm keen to know which are the best ones to try :-)

infinity downline said...

I appreciate it very much, at least I know from it someone is reading the contents I have here.

Unknown said...

So is this an appetizer to a more mouth-watering dining? Florida styles are everywhere. The plate, the climate, the lighting and even the meaty pie. Wow! Hope I can grab it through my monitor.

Simon Food Favourites Map

View Simon Food Favourites in a larger map Key: BLUE - Location visit and review PINK - Simon Favourites and places offering something special

Small Bars in Sydney map


View Small Bars in Sydney in a larger map