21 May 2009

Tomodachi: Japanese, Chifley Plaza, Sydney (21 May 2009)

Level 1, Chifley Plaza, 2 Chifley Square, Sydney NSW 2000

To help survive the cold wet weather I venture out for a soup today. I order a ramen soup from Tomodachi in the Chifley Plaza food court and thought it would be more like the ramen I had at Ichi-ban Boshi but it only had 2 very small pieces of pork. It was more a combination of a few things at about equal portions of pork, egg, mushroom, seaweed, crab stick and egg plus the noodles. The ingredients seemed fresh and the broth piping hot and flavoursome, especially with a few shakes of the chilli powder at the counter. Ton Ton Japanese make a pretty decent ramen on the other side of the food court as well.

Negi Miso Ramen $10.50

Counter service

Chifley Plaza foyer and 3 levels of dining

2 comments:

Lorraine @NotQuiteNigella said...

I admit I always think that there's never enough pork on top. I wish you could ask for more, or perhaps you can. I should try it!

Betty @ The Hungry Girl said...

It looks so clean & sleek in there (I've never been!). I wouldn't mind some ramen right about now!

Simon Food Favourites Map

View Simon Food Favourites in a larger map Key: BLUE - Location visit and review PINK - Simon Favourites and places offering something special

Small Bars in Sydney map


View Small Bars in Sydney in a larger map