23 October 2016

Papou's Kitchen Cafe, Phillip Bay (22 Oct 2016)

29 Canara Ave, Phillip Bay NSW 2036
https://www.facebook.com/Papous-kitchen-cafe-642868482562205/


Big breakfast in Phillip Bay

A cafe suggestion from a member of Sydney Food Bloggers Facebook group brings me to check out this humble place located in the quiet streets of Phillip Bay. Spotted the 'Big Brekfast' ($8) on the menu board which sounded like a bargain. 2 eggs, 2 slices of bacon, grilled tomato and 2 slices of toast is great value. Nice tasty bacon. Fried eggs could perhaps be a little more runny but still decent. If asked my preference for eggs I would have probably chosen scrambled which I usually go for. Nice thick buttered toast. Service was friendly and down-to-earth. Seems like a bit of a local gem serving up an ambitious variety of items on the menu. Was hoping to have dined in for a quick bite before heading off to pick up my kid from ballet but after 18 minutes and noticing others getting served before me after ordering after me I thought I'd check on my order which seemed to have been forgotten. The large takeaway order before me might have thrown the kitchen as well. I'll have to try their coffee next time and their old fashioned thin pancakes I spotted on the menu.



Papou's Kitchen Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Simon Food Favourites Map

View Simon Food Favourites in a larger map Key: BLUE - Location visit and review PINK - Simon Favourites and places offering something special

Small Bars in Sydney map


View Small Bars in Sydney in a larger map