14 November 2009

Bangkok Wok: Boat Noodle Soup, Thai, Sydney (12 Oct 2009)

Hunter Connection, Shop F21-22
7-13 Hunter Street, Sydney NSW 2000


Cheap and tasty blood soup

It's always a battle finding a seat during lunch peak hour at the Hunter Connection Food Court but the newish Bangkok Wok stall makes a decent Boat Noodle soup worth checking out in my books if your a fan of the blood broth and it's pretty cheap too. The colourful pink broth of the Yen Ta Fo soup is quite unusual as I've never come across it before and is possibly even more of an acquired taste for me. They sell bottles of water for only $1 or try their Longan Drink for $2.

Other visits to Bangkok Wok:
28 Oct 2009 - Pad Thai
12 Oct 2009 - Boat Noodle Soup, Yen Ta Fo Soup

Other places for Boat Noodle soup:
Bangkok Wok - 12 Oct 2009
Spice I Am - 9 July 2009
Chat Thai - 4 June 2009

Boat Noodle Soup $7

Yen ta fo soup $7

Longan drink $2


Ticket number 81

Hunter Connection seating

7 comments:

Besthotelbangkok said...

That soup really does look delicious, there's nothing like the real thing.
http://besthotelbangkok.net

Amy @ cookbookmaniac.com said...

I love noodles! I must try this boat noodle soup, very unusual and I believe it is conjuring me to eat it!

Simon Leong said...

hi Besthotelbangkok, i'm always looking for the best of the best :-)

hi amy, if you like your noodles tasty and full of flavour then you might like this one :-)

Joanne said...

I may have only just realised this but I was recently in Thailand and decided I have to try making boat noodle soup here and read your blog but tell me-is it REALLY blood broth?!

Simon Leong said...

hi joanne, i'm pretty sure it uses blood for the taste :-) enjoy the recipe challenge!

Paulie said...

Have you ever been to Nina Ploy Thai in Bondi beach, The boat noodle soup is good the taste is close to the original one in Thailand

Simon Leong said...

hi Paulie, thanks for the tip. will put on my wishlist when i get a chance to visit to compare. :-)

Simon Food Favourites Map

View Simon Food Favourites in a larger map Key: BLUE - Location visit and review PINK - Simon Favourites and places offering something special

Small Bars in Sydney map


View Small Bars in Sydney in a larger map