28 April 2009

Central Baking Depot, Sydney (28 April 2009)

37-39 Erskine St Sydney NSW 2000

I've seen this tart displayed many times and thought I'd give her a go (gee, that just sounds so wrong hehe). The pastry is oh so light and flaky and melts in my mouth along with the delicious chocolate inner coating which is counter balanced nicely with healthiness of the soft pear. It looks deceptively small but quickly satisfies an afternoon tea sugar craving.


Pear, Almond and Chocolate Tart $4.40


View Larger Map
Central Baking Depot on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

Bean Sprout's Cafe said...

Thanks for keep updating many products from the nice shops.. (I mean for sandwiches also). Your favourite food are my favourite aswell :D...I will definitely try soon.. I personally like the shortness & flakiness of Bourke st bakery's tarts and pies(from this one, rite). The chocolate in this tart attracts me ^ ^

Miss Honey said...

I'm always meaning to try this place, plus I'm craving bakery goods these days, will have to try!

Nate said...

That tart looks really good, I'm definitely craving one now.

Simon Food Favourites Map

View Simon Food Favourites in a larger map Key: BLUE - Location visit and review PINK - Simon Favourites and places offering something special

Small Bars in Sydney map


View Small Bars in Sydney in a larger map