19 April 2010

Ton Ton Regent: Japanese, CBD Sydney (25 Nov 2009)

Ground Floor, 501 George Street Sydney NSW 2000
http://www.tontontakeaway.com.au


Japanese quick meals

Ton Ton has two locations, one in Chifley Tower and the other on George Street near the cinemas. When I visited this one back in November I was looking for a quick bite before seeing a movie and thought Japanese would be a bit healthier than a burger, chips and soft drink. If you're in a bit of a hurry then you might have to wait a bit longer for your meal than say Hungry Jacks or McDonalds. The meals were OK but nothing to rave about for me. The Garlic and Shrimp Fried Rice had a distinctive garlic taste with a fair amount of prawn through. The Chicken Katsu Don was quite filling and perhaps a bit heavy for my liking — especially if you're in a rush to get to the movies.

So many posts — so little time :-(
This was my most behind blog review I've had on my list to do since last November. To date I still have "73" other places I've photographed and still to post. I feel like I'll never catch up unless I take three weeks off work and stay at home and just blog so I think I've given up on the idea of ever being up-to-date.

Other visits to Ton Ton:
25 Nov 2009 - Regent: Chicken Katsu Don, Garlic and Shrimp Fried Rice
26 Mar 2009 - Chifley: Ramen Kaarage

SNAPSHOT REVIEW:
PROS: Handy location to cinemas, Alternative to other fast food take away in the area
CONS: Can take a little while if there's a lot of people that have ordered before you
MUST TRY: Finding other alternatives around the cinemas for a quick, cheap and healthy bite to eat

Chicken Katsu Don $10


Garlic and Shrimp Fried Rice $9.50

Seating


Service counter

6 comments:

Yasmin (Almond & The Hazelnut) said...

Completely know how you feel about catching up!!

You do one of the most impressive jobs of getting content out there that I've seen - you should be proud as hell!

Sara @ Belly Rumbles said...

I agree with Yasmin!

Simon Leong said...

hi yasmin, thanks so much for your positive feedback. i hope my reviews are of benefit somehow. one day i'm sure i'll catch up but for now it's unforeseeable. :-)

hi sara, thanks heaps sara. that's very kind of you to day. :-)

john@heneedsfood.com said...

I've been meaning to get to Ton Ton for quite some time now.
73 posts! Wow, that's a lot! I think I have about 25 or 30

YW said...

haha.. I can totally understand how you feel about backlog.. glad to know that I'm not the only person with heaps to catch up :p

Simon Leong said...

hi john, i used to have about 30 posts behind and thought it could get any worse. but here i am with now over 70 posts behind :-(.

hi YW, i think most bloggers have a backlog. i used to be totally up to date but one thing leads to another and suddenly there's not enough time in the day to get to it. one day though i hope to be somewhat up to date. if i only posted 1 photo of each place then i could do it but when you try and be as comprehensive as possible it can become quite overwhelming and time consuming.

Simon Food Favourites Map

View Simon Food Favourites in a larger map Key: BLUE - Location visit and review PINK - Simon Favourites and places offering something special

Small Bars in Sydney map


View Small Bars in Sydney in a larger map