19 April 2010

Ton Ton Regent: Japanese, CBD Sydney (25 Nov 2009)

Ground Floor, 501 George Street Sydney NSW 2000

Japanese quick meals

Ton Ton has two locations, one in Chifley Tower and the other on George Street near the cinemas. When I visited this one back in November I was looking for a quick bite before seeing a movie and thought Japanese would be a bit healthier than a burger, chips and soft drink. If you're in a bit of a hurry then you might have to wait a bit longer for your meal than say Hungry Jacks or McDonalds. The meals were OK but nothing to rave about for me. The Garlic and Shrimp Fried Rice had a distinctive garlic taste with a fair amount of prawn through. The Chicken Katsu Don was quite filling and perhaps a bit heavy for my liking — especially if you're in a rush to get to the movies.

So many posts — so little time :-(
This was my most behind blog review I've had on my list to do since last November. To date I still have "73" other places I've photographed and still to post. I feel like I'll never catch up unless I take three weeks off work and stay at home and just blog so I think I've given up on the idea of ever being up-to-date.

Other visits to Ton Ton:
25 Nov 2009 - Regent: Chicken Katsu Don, Garlic and Shrimp Fried Rice
26 Mar 2009 - Chifley: Ramen Kaarage

PROS: Handy location to cinemas, Alternative to other fast food take away in the area
CONS: Can take a little while if there's a lot of people that have ordered before you
MUST TRY: Finding other alternatives around the cinemas for a quick, cheap and healthy bite to eat

Chicken Katsu Don $10

Garlic and Shrimp Fried Rice $9.50


Service counter


Yasmin (Almond & The Hazelnut) said...

Completely know how you feel about catching up!!

You do one of the most impressive jobs of getting content out there that I've seen - you should be proud as hell!

Sara said...

I agree with Yasmin!

Simon Food Favourites said...

hi yasmin, thanks so much for your positive feedback. i hope my reviews are of benefit somehow. one day i'm sure i'll catch up but for now it's unforeseeable. :-)

hi sara, thanks heaps sara. that's very kind of you to day. :-)

john@heneedsfood.com said...

I've been meaning to get to Ton Ton for quite some time now.
73 posts! Wow, that's a lot! I think I have about 25 or 30

YW said...

haha.. I can totally understand how you feel about backlog.. glad to know that I'm not the only person with heaps to catch up :p

Simon Food Favourites said...

hi john, i used to have about 30 posts behind and thought it could get any worse. but here i am with now over 70 posts behind :-(.

hi YW, i think most bloggers have a backlog. i used to be totally up to date but one thing leads to another and suddenly there's not enough time in the day to get to it. one day though i hope to be somewhat up to date. if i only posted 1 photo of each place then i could do it but when you try and be as comprehensive as possible it can become quite overwhelming and time consuming.

Simon Food Favourites Map

View Simon Food Favourites in a larger map Key: BLUE - Location visit and review PINK - Simon Favourites and places offering something special

Small Bars in Sydney map

View Small Bars in Sydney in a larger map