08 June 2009

Fratelli Fresh, Waterloo (7 June 2009)

7 Danks Street, Waterloo NSW 2017
http://www.fratellifresh.com.au



I love visiting this warehouse-style fruit and vegetable market which also sells quality meats, cheeses, sauces, jams, pasta, olive oils, sweets and anything else Italian you could possibly think of plus a café/restaurant upstairs. I just wandered around today but the baby herbs caught my eye which I'll keep in mind for next time I'm wanting to top a special looking canapé or entrée.

Fratelli Fresh, in partnership with Electrolux, also offers free cooking classes which are provided by chefs from Café Sopra. The classes focus on fresh ingredients and Italian cooking and I've been twice in the past which have been very enjoyable. Here's a recipe video of when I learnt how to cook Saltimbocca Chicken with Radicchio Salad. Classes book out very quickly but wish they started a bit later to make it easier to get to after work.


Baby herbs for that special touch on canapés and entrées

Fresh produce display


Downstairs for fruit and vegetables

Free cooking classes

Limited car parking available inside


Entrance to Fratelli Fresh


View Larger Map

2 comments:

Leona @ Pigged-out said...

Wow a hidden little market! Your blogs are really good for these secreat eating places!

One day if i can drag myself to drive to 10mins to waterloo i shall give it a go. Last time i went to waterloo was only for nut shop chocolates LOL

Stephcookie said...

Love Fratelli Fresh, I wish I had one closer to my house! I've always wanted to go for their cooking classes, though I never knew they were free!

Simon Food Favourites Map

View Simon Food Favourites in a larger map Key: BLUE - Location visit and review PINK - Simon Favourites and places offering something special

Small Bars in Sydney map


View Small Bars in Sydney in a larger map