15 July 2009

Cock 'n Bull Bar & Bistro: $2 Steak, Bondi Junction (11 July 2009)

89 Ebley Street, Bondi Junction NSW 2022


Sydney $2 Steakout

Just when I thought a $2 steak from the Beach Palace Hotel in Coogee was the beez neez of all cheap steaks around I find out from a reader comment by Gobsmack'd that this Irish pub also does them for the same price on Saturdays. The steak might only be 250g compared to Coogee's 300g version but it seems to be cooked to order and you get to choose a sauce, vegetables, chips and salad for only $1 extra per item. I've had the steak here before for it's reasonably full priced $10.90 so having it even cheaper is great. There's plenty of seating around and it's a cosy pub to escape the winter chills.

Can you find a better deal steak deal in Sydney?

Steak ($2) with vegetables ($1) and chips ($1) with $4 drink purchase

Steak ordered and received medium-rare


Kilkenny on tap but couldn't spot any Guinness (was more than $4)

Promotional poster

Saturday limited dinner menu when $2 steak promo running


Usual menu of Pub Classics

2 comments:

Rhys Jennings said...

Hi Simon,
I have pinched one of your photos from this blog entry. The one of the Medium Rare steak. I am not using it in any cooking context. It is a metaphor for preparing for auditions on my blog, The Actor Begins.

I have credited the photo to yourself and linked to your site but if you have a problem with this please contact me and I will remove it promptly.

Thanks,
Rhys Jennings
The Actor Begins

Simon Leong said...

hi rhys, thanks for letting me know. i hope your auditions go well. thanks for the credit link, most appreciated :-)

Simon Food Favourites Map

View Simon Food Favourites in a larger map Key: BLUE - Location visit and review PINK - Simon Favourites and places offering something special

Small Bars in Sydney map


View Small Bars in Sydney in a larger map