14 July 2009

Jaipur Sweets: Indian sweets, Sydney (9 July 2009)

188 Elizabeth Street, Sydney NSW 2000
http://www.jaipursweets.com


Indian sweets galore

For the record I've never been a fan of Indian sweets. I think for me it's a bit of an acquired taste, especially the barfi which to me smells a lot like cheese just doesn't seem to have the sugar hit I'm craving for even though it's made from condensed milk and sugar. Out of today's selection I much preferred the chewy Karachi Halwa and the sugar rich Gulab Jamun which were more pleasing to my taste buds.

Where's the best Indian sweets shop in Sydney?

Karachi Halwa $1.50

Gulab Jamun $1.50

Plain Barfi $1.50

Chocolate Barfi $1.50

Pista Barfi $1.50

Takeaway box


3 comments:

YaYa said...

Interesting find, good to know they do dosas too. I've never been a fan of Indian sweets, finding them too sweet for my taste but they are often so pretty to look at!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I adore Indian sweets! Sadly I could eat buckets of them :P

Two fit and fun gals said...

i love indian sweets (only a few of them though)

I've been to Billu's in Harris Park before, and this place i have driven by many times actually - but never have eaten in there.

But you're right they do need an acquired taste for a few of the sweets, and they use sooo much milk & sugar its ridiculous!

Simon Food Favourites Map

View Simon Food Favourites in a larger map Key: BLUE - Location visit and review PINK - Simon Favourites and places offering something special

Small Bars in Sydney map


View Small Bars in Sydney in a larger map