02 January 2010

Pasteur: Vietnamese Seafood Spring Rolls, Haymarket (7 Nov 2009)

709 George Street, Haymarket NSW 2000


My kind of spring rolls

There are two entrees in Sydney which I believe I could possibly never get sick of ordering. One is the Prawn and Duck Pancakes I keep raving about at Phamish and the other is the Seafood Spring Rolls at Pasteur. I think it's the simplicity combined with the yummy flavours and freshness of ingredients. My dad loves his Special Beef Pho with all it's spare parts although if the tea and pho isn't serving really hot he's always disappointed — todays beef pho is a little on the warm side which is unfortunate. Prices have crept up over the years but I've always found the service at Pasteur remains a bit half-hearted which I think is due to them being so popular and overworked. The cheap and cheerful decor could do with a renovation but I doubt it'll happen for a long time because it's pretty much been the same for as long as I can remember over the years.

Other visits to Pasteur:
7 Nov 2009 - Seafood Spring Rolls, Chicken Pho, Special Beef Pho
22 March 2009 - Seafood Spring Rolls, Chicken Pho, Sugar Cane Prawn


Seafood spring rolls (6) $10.00
SIMON FAVOURITE :-)

Special beef noodle pho soup $10.50 large

Chicken noodle pho soup $8.50 small

Grilled pork vermicilli noodle salad

5 comments:

Bean Sprout's Cafe said...

I really like the spring roll here but never tried the seafood one. Definitely try soon (also their Pho, my friend said its the best)

Anonymous said...

I like the spring roll here as well! Good recommendations.

Simon Leong said...

hi bean sprout's cafe, i have tried the normal ones but only the seafood ones. didn't know they had other ones. they do make a good pho when it's nice and hot.

hi ellie, glad you enjoy them as well :-)

Anonymous said...

Food poisoned my wife and me on Sunday, 24 August 2014 Have eaten at Pho Pasteur, 709 George St Haymarket a number of times over the years with no problem. However on Sunday, 24 August 2014 we ordered two rare beef pho and seafood spring rolls. I was violently ill a number of hours later and my wife is still sick and in pain on Wednesday, 27 August 2014. Our GP Doctor confirms food poisoning. I am lodging a complaint with the City of Sydney Council. I note their Bankstown location has been name and shamed by NSW Government Food Authority on more than one occasion - search for yourself to see.

Simon Leong said...

hi anonymous, so unfortunate when such things happen. i hope you and your wife and feeling better and recovering. let's hope it doesn't happen again. a terrible experience can certainly put you off your food for a while as I'm sure we've all experienced a few times in our life as diners.

Simon Food Favourites Map

View Simon Food Favourites in a larger map Key: BLUE - Location visit and review PINK - Simon Favourites and places offering something special

Small Bars in Sydney map


View Small Bars in Sydney in a larger map