26 July 2009

Homemade High Tea (25 July 2009)



High Tea Calories

A casual catchup with friends turns into an afternoon high tea which inspires me to collect some of my favourite ricotta cannoli from Pasticceria Tamborrino in Five Dock and try my hand at making some dainty cucumber sandwiches with crème fraîche. I also wanted to try making the Suava Guava Champagne cocktails I recently had at Pink Salt which were easy to make and very yummy — definitely adding these to the drinks repertoire. Also on offer were scones with double whipped cream and jam, homemade walnut cake, smoked salmon canapes and delicious chicken and celery sandwiches.

Do you put cream or jam first on your scones?


Cucumber and crème fraîche sandwiches


Suava Guava Champagne with sparking, guava juice and peach schnapps




Scones with double thick cream and jam


Ricotta cannoli



Chicken and celery finger sandwiches

Homemade walnut cake

Smoked salmon and crème fraîche canapes with dill and capers


Coffee and teas

7 comments:

YaYa said...

How scrumptious everything looks! I love high teas, my favourite has to be cucumber sandwiches with lots of butter and white pepper!

Simon Leong said...

hi YaYa, that sounds like a good idea with the white pepper. I found it needed a bit more flavour and I wasn't sure what I should put it in.

aptronym said...

oh yum!!

Stephcookie said...

Ooh I am a high tea addict! Looks good, and the guava champagne cocktail sounds really yummy! Did you make the scones too? They look good!

Simon Leong said...

Hi aptronym, indeed it was :-)

Hi Stephcookie, my friend bought the scones, i think buying is just as good as making sometimes so you get more time to eat :-)

Maria@TheGourmetChallenge said...

Oh high tea, how refined! If the world was run by me, every day would involve high tea. Workplaces around the country would stop at 3.30 and every employee would be presented with a selection of yummy treats and some good tea to wash it all down with. What a gorgeous idea simon! More high teas I say!

Simon Leong said...

Hi Maria, I'd vote for you if it meant having High Teas everyday. The world would be a much more relaxed place, albeit a little fatter too.

Simon Food Favourites Map

View Simon Food Favourites in a larger map Key: BLUE - Location visit and review PINK - Simon Favourites and places offering something special

Small Bars in Sydney map


View Small Bars in Sydney in a larger map