12 June 2009

Max Brenner: Chocolate, Sydney (11 June 2009)

Lower Ground Floor, David Jones, Elizabeth Street NSW 2000
http://www.maxbrenner.com.au


Chocolate Fix

A strong recommendation by a friend claiming it's the best hot chocolate in town brings me to the global franchised store of Max Brenner underneath David Jones. It was suggested they make a better hot chocolate here than the one in the MetCentre on George Street near Wynyard Station. I've been to the very popular store in Paddington before and I still can't get used to their HUGMUG because I think I've simply grown up with having handles on my hot chocolate cups. The dark hot chocolate (chocolat) is very good and has a well rounded smooth taste. As a sweet bonus my generous friend shares a claim of 4 chocolates on her 10 visit loyalty card we've just completed. I picked the expresso and mint leaves and they are all quite yummy and smooth in taste but I think my favourite might have been the dark chocolate ganache 65% cocoa solids. If your lucky enough to grab a seat it's a nice little resting spot for a sugar hit.

Other visits to Max Brenner:

Chocolat (dark) $5

View of chocolate temptations all around

Cute little packaging for 4 chocolates


Selection of 4 chocolates

Dark chocolate ganache with expresso

Dark chocolate ganache 65% cocoa solids

Praline mixed with dark chocolate

Dark chocolate ganache with mint leaves

Chocolate choices a plenty

Max Brenner chocolate merchandise

Service counter with sugar hit temptations on top

Dining area with very limited seating

Hot chocolate menu

4 comments:

Pearly Productions said...

Ooooh I love the bald man!

Bean Sprout's Cafe said...

you should try waffle with strawberry & ice cream.. the best !

oh, i love their cappuccino aswell.. drizzled chocolate sauce on top.. Ummmmm

flapflap said...

Aaah it's back! I swear the Max Brenner at DJ's disappeared for a while. Or maybe I just couldn't find it. Hot chocolate is the only good thing about winter...

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I love the chocolate licks-a small pot of their yummy melted chocolate for $2. It's the perfect size!

Simon Food Favourites Map

View Simon Food Favourites in a larger map Key: BLUE - Location visit and review PINK - Simon Favourites and places offering something special

Small Bars in Sydney map


View Small Bars in Sydney in a larger map