28 June 2009

Simon Johnson: Fromagerie, Pyrmont (27 June 2009)

181 Harris Street, Pyrmont NSW 2009
http://www.simonjohnson.com.au



Cheese lovers fromagerie

This is the first time I've visited the Simon Johnson store in Pyrmont and for any cheese lovers I'm sure you'd love their cheese room along with all the other delicious quality products they stock. Today's visit was in search of some cheese for a friends dinner and with so many choices on offer I usually get overwhelmed but once I spotted the St Agur I remembered I wanted to try it again after sampling it at the March Into Merivale Launch Party. Another friend also brought along some St Agur but for some strange reason the one from Simon Johnson tasted better — perhaps it's the way it's stored that makes a difference. They had limited stocks of the very expensive spanish jamón for I think about $60 for 100 grams but today I opted for the poor man's jamon of pancetta at a more reasonable price.

What's your all time favourite cheese?

Other stores for cheese:
Formaggi Ocello (13 Feb 2010)
Jones the Grocer (12 Sept 2009)
Simon Johnson (27 June 2009)





Fromagerie

St Agur $17.68 for 160g ($110.50/kg)

Linguette with Onions $17.95

Pancetta $6/100g


Entrance amongst the roadworks

Shopping bag

Pre-dinner nibbles

2 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I love dedicated cheese rooms. You often come across some fantastic cheese there!

Linda said...

yumm!!! I love cheese. After the simon Johnson sale a couple of weeks back, we went to the actual store and purchaed 3-4 different types of cheese and had it with the Jamon we got on sale, it was sooo good. I feel like cheese now.

Simon Food Favourites Map

View Simon Food Favourites in a larger map Key: BLUE - Location visit and review PINK - Simon Favourites and places offering something special

Small Bars in Sydney map


View Small Bars in Sydney in a larger map