Shop B9, 80 Dixon Street, Haymarket NSW 2000
It's been many years since I've stepped downstairs to Dixon House Food Court and it's still a crazy busy place to find seating at peak-hour lunchtime. I didn't expect much from a food court shop so I thought for the price you pay this place served up some decent dishes.
Famous IPOH Bean Sprout Chicken with Rice $7.50. Chicken was moist and the chilli and ginger sauce was fresh and tasty. One of the better ones I've tried around the city and hope to try again.
Other places tried for Chicken Rice:
• Singapore Shiok!* - 29 Sept 2010
• Malacca Straits - 23 Jan 2010
• Yummy Chinese - 20 Jan 2010
• Laksa House - 24 Sept 2009
• Laksa King - 16 Sept 2009
• Malaysian Food House - 18 Aug 2009
• Malay-Chinese Takeaway - 6 Aug 2009
• Mc Lucksa - 5 Aug 2009
• Jaya Malaysian - 29 July 2009
• Sayong Curry & Laksa Malaysian Cuisine - 22 July 2009
• KL Kopitiam Malaysian Cuisine - 19 Oct 2009
Chicken Laksa $6.80. Nice depth of flavours but preference is still Malay Chinese laksa chicken pieces and spongy tofu.
Har Mee $7.50. Generous sized prawns although my preference is Malay Chinese with stronger broth taste I think. I hope to try again though.
Char Kway Teow $7.50. My preference is still Alice's in Thornleigh. I'm more used to having flat rice noodles and a darker soy appearance with a more smokey wok burnt taste.
Other places tried for Char Kway Teow:
• 25 Jan 2012 - More More Cha (includes clams)
• 2 June 2010 - Wong Kee Fast Food
• 20 Jan 2010 - Yummy Cuisine
• 19 Oct 2009 - Sayong Curry & Laksa Malaysian Cuisine
• 2 Sept 2009 - Chili Hub
• 16 Aug 2009 - Albee's Kitchen
• 13 Aug 2009 - Jaya Malaysian
• 29 April 2009 - Malay-Chinese Takeaway
• 17 Nov 2008 - Little Singapore Restaurant
• 19 Oct 2008 - KL Kopitiam Malaysian Cuisine
Fried Radish Cake $8.50. My preference is still Alice's in Thornleigh for this dish.
View Larger Map