26 June 2009

Phamish: Vietnamese, Darlinghurst (23 June 2009)

Shop 109, 50 Burton St, Darlinghurst NSW 2010


Love Duck and Prawn Pancakes

Every time I now visit Phamish I always order the Duck and Prawn Pancakes — otherwise I would feel like I'm missing out on one of their best signature dishes. I've taken plenty of photos of them so didn't bother taking another one tonight. Dining with friends allowed me to try a few other dishes but photos were a challenge tonight in the dim lighting so I only took photos of two dishes. I tried a beef fillet dish which was tender and the salt and pepper squid again which came with a small bowl of salt, pepper and cumquats for dipping and adding extra taste. I also enjoyed the soft shell crab again.

Other visits to Phamish:
20 Oct 2009 - Chicken and Prawn Pancakes, Prawn Cakes, Vietnamese pan-fried rice flour dumplings, Ginger and shallot chicken stir-fried
15 Oct 2009 - Duck and Prawn Pancakes, Soft Shell Crab
9 April 2009 - Duck and Prawn Pancakes, Crispy Blue Swimmer Crab Dumplings, Sesame Lamb Fillets
5 May 2009 - Chicken and Prawn Pancakes
21 May 2009 - Duck and Prawn Pancakes, Salt and Pepper Squid, Hokkien Noodles with Chicken
4 June 2009 - Duck and Prawn Pancakes, Soft Shell Crab
23 June 2009 - Green Papaya and Beef Salad, Ginger and Shallot Chicken

Green Papaya and Beef Salad $16.50

Ginger and Shallot Chicken: Stir-fried with broccoli, wood-ear mushroom and fresh baby corn $16.50

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you have the small yellow tomato like fruit in your Green Papaya and Beef Salad. I was there the other night, and the flavour of those things were incredible. The only problem is that I have no idea what they were! Any ideas?

Simon Leong said...

hi Anonymous, i'm not sure if i have had them. are they perhaps the cumquats? you'll have to ask them next time you're in and let me know :-)

Simon Food Favourites Map

View Simon Food Favourites in a larger map Key: BLUE - Location visit and review PINK - Simon Favourites and places offering something special

Small Bars in Sydney map


View Small Bars in Sydney in a larger map