Shop 109, 50 Burton St, Darlinghurst NSW 2010
Oh no, pancake faves sold out!
When my favourite Duck and Prawn Pancakes are sold out it's a sad affair but luckily they still had the Chicken and Prawn Pancakes on the menu which are slightly cheaper and still very good. I can recommend the Prawn Cakes as well which are tasty deep fried morsels of goodness. The Vietnamese home-style pan-fried rice flour dumplings are interesting although are packed with garlic chives which does tend to linger on the breath. I think I'd prefer them to be balanced with something else inside like mushroom but then it probably wouldn't be traditional. The simple stir-fried Ginger and Shallot Chicken is nice to get your balance of broccoli and wood-ear mushroom.
Other visits to Phamish:
• 20 Oct 2009 - Chicken and Prawn Pancakes, Prawn Cakes, Vietnamese pan-fried rice flour dumplings, Ginger and shallot chicken stir-fried
• 15 Oct 2009 - Duck and Prawn Pancakes, Soft Shell Crab
• 9 April 2009 - Duck and Prawn Pancakes, Crispy Blue Swimmer Crab Dumplings, Sesame Lamb Fillets
• 5 May 2009 - Chicken and Prawn Pancakes
• 21 May 2009 - Duck and Prawn Pancakes, Salt and Pepper Squid, Hokkien Noodles with Chicken
• 4 June 2009 - Duck and Prawn Pancakes, Soft Shell Crab
• 23 June 2009 - Green Papaya and Beef Salad, Ginger and Shallot Chicken
Prawn Cakes: Chicken, prawns, Vietnames herbs, lightly battered and rice-coated and served with sweet chilli sauce $12 for 4
Banh He: Vietnamese home-style pan-fried rice flour dumplings, filled with garlic chives and served with a soy, vinegar and seasme dipping sauce $12 for 4
Ginger and shallot chicken stir-fried with broccoli, wood-ear mushroom and fresh baby corn $16.50
View Larger Map
View Larger Map