19 December 2009

Jazz in the Garden: Art of Gelato Michelangelo, Vaucluse House (22 Nov 2009)

Wentworth Road, Vaucluse NSW 2030
http://www.hht.net.au/museums/vaucluse_house


Gelato in the Garden

This is the first time I've been to the Jazz in the Garden and found it a really nice experience. It was a heat wave day but thankfully welcomed cool breezes slowly made their way to the grassy hills of Vaucluse Hill later in the afternoon. I was very worried about parking but free parking was provided onsite which was a blessing, especially when you're bringing along picnic supplies and blankets. The gardens and trees surrounding Vaucluse House made for a relaxing setting and even though it looks quite packed I found there was enough room to have your own space or perhaps arriving early was the key. I also found the crowd were a lot more well behaved and pleasant than those hugely popular free events like Tropfest, Symphony and Jazz in the Domain. One of the three food stalls was the Art Of Gelato Michelangelo which I've once visited their factory in Fairfield. The flavours were very yummy and I couldn't decide between the passionfruit or blood orange sorbet as my favourite.

Finding a cosy grass spot

Picnic snacks

Lemon, passionfruit, blood orange sorbet $4 each
SIMON FAVOURITE :-)

Line up for Art of Gelato

Resident goat - not for eating!

Kate Noonan band


Zoe and the Buttercups


3 comments:

joey@forkingaroundsydney said...

I love the look of Jazz In The Garden. One day I'll go I'm sure. Thanks for the post.

pierre said...

H isimon
this gelato looks weird to me today as it is snowing today in Paris ; anyway your photos bring some sun in our winter thanks
I am Pierre based in Paris France and I have created my food blog with inventive french food come and have a visit you are very welcome !! se you soon ! Pierre

Simon Leong said...

hi joey, it's a really nice night if the weather is good.

hi pierre, i hear Europe is have very cold weather, i'm glad my photos are giving you some winter warmth. looking forward to checking out your blog. thanks for commenting :-)

Simon Food Favourites Map

View Simon Food Favourites in a larger map Key: BLUE - Location visit and review PINK - Simon Favourites and places offering something special

Small Bars in Sydney map


View Small Bars in Sydney in a larger map