10 June 2009

Hole In The Wall: No. 9 Sandwich, Sydney (10 June 2009)

Ground Floor and Level 4
229 Macquarie Street, Sydney NSW 2000
http://www.holeinthewall.com.au


It's a very cold wintery day and my mind ponders on getting a laksa, pho or wonton noodle soup to warm the body but instead I decide continue my quest to try all the menu sandwiches at this little hidden gem on Macquarie Street. Today I can safely order the anchovy sandwich with confidence since I don't have any work meetings scheduled. This sandwich is a powerhouse of flavours and the harissa provides a warming heat in my mouth. It's a very tasty option and the saltiness of the anchovies and olives works well with the creamy avocado and bocconcini. Next stop is a cool and mouth refreshing fruit salad from David Jones Foodhall.


No. 9: Anchovies, avocado, harissa, kalamata olives & bocconcini on toasted Turkish bread $8.90

1 comment:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Love a sandwich with a lot of filling. I used to leave a toothbrush and toothpaste at work and carry mints just in case ;)

Simon Food Favourites Map

View Simon Food Favourites in a larger map Key: BLUE - Location visit and review PINK - Simon Favourites and places offering something special

Small Bars in Sydney map


View Small Bars in Sydney in a larger map